Monday, November 28, 2005

Back to Work!!

After a good break in Sydney and having just started a new job, i have finally found sometime to blog!

The Sydney trip was awesome! Despite my phobia of swimming in water with strong current due to an almost drowning incident as a child, I decided to take up surfing lessons at Manly Beach. The first lesson was traumatic for me, i could hardly swim or paddle on the board and after several tries and falling off and getting sucked under, I was not only exhausted but became paranoid that i will drown again. Disappointed and desperately determined to go home with at least the sheer satisfaction of standing on the board for a few seconds, I went back for a second lesson and it was a beautiful day to surf. The current was rather mild and great for beginners. And i did it.....just managed to half-stand on the board for 2 seconds before falling off again. I was overjoyed!! To me, that was enough.

Well, i didnt get a chance to really go around Sydney dining and wining but spent most of my time catching up with my friends there. But one thing i must share was my trip to Max Brenner chocolate in Chatswood Sydney. The warm chocolate dip with strawberries i tried was simply to die for! It was so good that i had TWO servings of the same thing. I think at one point in time, i actually told my friends that the chocolate was "better than sex"!! That was how awesome they were! The one they serve in Singapore's Max Brenner at The Esplanade is a far, far cry from what I have tried in Sydney. I thought that was rather disappointing as we dont have the same quality chocolate here in Singapore as served in Sydney. Some pictures to tempt you further.



I have not got my act together to start cooking or baking again. My weekends are dedicated to work and embarking on a strict exercise regime now that i am back into the Food & Beverage industry. My weight is strongly compromised! I am hoping to start entertaining at home again soon. Updates to come.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Boo~!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Congratulations on overtaking your fear!!! It's never easy and so..KUDOS

9:21 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

oh my god, look at those sinful delights. awesome!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

I am doing well. I'll be back on the 14th, returning to California on the 6th Jan. We'll probably catch up over some Christmas function or other.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Choon Mei and I'm from a PR agency - could you contact me on a proposal we have for you? email is choon.mei@sinkid.com. Thanks

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home