Thursday, May 11, 2006

"Made to Order" Dinner by The Rubino Brothers


THE WORLD GOURMET SUMMIT SINGAPORE 2006
I had the golden opportunity to attend a very special "one-night only" dinner hosted by The Rubino Brothers in Singapore recently. Despite some mixed reviews about the dinner, I had a fabulous time and enjoyed the dishes for its creativity in plating and marriage of taste. I look forward to the opportunity to travel to Toronto and dine at Rain Restaurant myself!!


Malaysian-Style Black Cod with Sake Galangal Foam


Pickled Ginger Melon Puree with Basil Seedling and Crab Dumpling


Fragrant Oil Poached Hamachi, Lobster and Foie Gras Terrine, Kaffir Lime and Coconut Froth


Veal Three Ways:
Almond Garam Masala Tenderloin
Fermented Tofu and Veal Cheek Hot Pot
Short Rib Rendang, Black Cardamon and Pineapple Relish


Indian Flavours in Variations of Chocolate (Saffron, Cilantro, Curry and Lime)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Ivonne said...

What an opportunity! Thanks for sharing it with us.

2:11 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Wow, the food looks unbelievable. I'm so envious of you Skrat. I'm currently an engineer but my dream job is to one day become a food critic and be able to travel the world and eat good food like you.

Can you tell what your exact job is, as in how do you make money to pay your rent? Is the food part just a hobby or is it part of your primary employment?

11:00 AM  
Blogger Skrat said...

Hi ivonne,

thanks for dropping and am always delighted to share my culinary adventures with fellow foodies! :)

Hi thanh,

thanks! Dont be too quick to envy me, maintaining my ideal waistline is a huge chore! ;) My job is with a gourmet magazine in Singapore. Hence the food indulging is part work and part passion-driven! There are many in Singapore who get out of their professional career and chose to do what they are most passionate about. You do too!

1:20 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Thats cool, sounds like you have a great job working for a gourmet magazine. You must get to sample a lot of different foods.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

wow.....thx for sharing with us on yr culinaire adventure! The food it's all wonderful garnished! Somtimes just curiuos are those food good like what they look? Envy on yr job...any other vacancies? :P

4:09 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

WOW - what an opportunity!
that last serving looks amazing - mouth-watering!!
hope you had a lot of fun =)

10:47 PM  
Anonymous kabonfootprint said...

Because of the foodblogs, I was more inspired to try new and different foods, I am learning a lot and also thanks for sharing your ideas because at the same time I am also trying my best to learn how to prepare (decent meals :-) Busby SEO challenge

KabonFootPrint

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home